Skip to main content

The annoying experience at the hospital

        This was a hell bit of experience for me. Perhaps this incident was the one which inspired/persuaded me to write my experiences of insensitivity. This is a 6 months old incidence.
My brother was feeling ill, with temperature, flu, headache and all sorts of seasonal problems, also backache and pain in limbs, there were signs of dengue or chickengunia. The pain was so intense that he was neither able to sit upright nor walk. I took an appointment of a renowned doctor in a renowned hospital and went up there. As we moved in, we found the hospital to be overcrowded like a market place. Almost every doctor had a waiting of 20-25 patients. I seated my brother at one of the waiting areas and reported at the reception. The receptionist gave us the number 4 , I was happy that atleast my brother won’t have to wait for long and won’t have to undergo the pain for a long duration. After waiting for about 40 minutes, our turn came and we went in. the doctor diagnosed the disease and prescribed some tests and medicines. When we told him about the backache and spasm, he referred us to an orthopaedic doctor next door as he himself was a general physician. Coming out of the chamber I again pushed my brother to the waiting area and went up to the reception for an appointment of the orthopaedist. At first she was reluctant, and then on being called by the general physician, she gave me the appointment. I got the number 22. I glanced at the display screen above the chamber, it was blinking a modest 8, that meant we had to wait for other 13 patients to finish their meet before we can move in which would have accounted for almost 1.5- 2 hours. Accounting the pain with which my brother was going through, I didn’t want him to suffer that much. I requested the receptionist, ward boy for an early appointment but they relented. So we had no option but to wait. We waited for around 20 minutes, and then my brother fell almost unconscious. I bought some water for him and sprinkled on him, a ward boy came running and supported him (the ward boy was a sensitive one). I gain went up to the receptionist almost shouting at her and asking for a pre-appointment by explaining her current situation. She obliged but with a condition, if I can convince other patients before me, I can have a go. I went up and asked the fellow patients, everyone understood the problem and were happy to help except one annoying fellow. This guy was well dressed, with branded clothes, flaunting his gold chain, about every finger had a gold ring, a lavish phone flipped in his palm. He looked as if he was a small time politician or a builder. He asked me for my appointment number, which I told him was 22. He replied as his was 19, he can’t let me go in before him and he also tried to convince others to let me go in. I tried to explain the situation in which my brother was. He dismissed my excuse as lame and that everyone over here are undergoing the pain. I asked him what illness he had. He replied that his wife had a broken finger, and as it was cured he had come to show the reports to the doctor. I took a glance towards his wife who was looking hale and hearty and was smiling. I pleaded with the guy, that look at my brother, he is almost unconscious, please let us go in but the man didn’t comply. Then I went up to the previous doctor, the general physician, and he personally moderated and took my brother to the orthopaedist. At last my brother was treated well by the doctor and gave him a dose of painkiller injection which relieved him a lot and he felt well.
Now this brings us to the questionnaire……………….
The question over here is not of the treatment but whether as a human, have we become so insensitive that we cannot provide leverage to a deserving patient a treatment?
What would have happened if my brother was not able to sustain the pain?
If he would have to be hospitalised just because of a delay in treatment?
Whom do we have to blame?
Is the guy not an insensitive Indian?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rikshewala Ameer Ho Gaya Ek din ek rikshewale k ghar pe sarkari babu aye, Adhe tute huye darwaje ko jor se khatkhataye Rikshawala dauda-dauda aya, aur sankal hatayi, Dekh kar samne suit-boot wale babu, uski buddhhi chakrayi. Usne socha ki ye shayad koi survey karne aye hai, Ya bachho ko polio ki do boond pilane aye hai. Bade aadar se usne unhe andar bulaya, Andar tooti mej aur fati chatayi dekh sarkari babu jhallaya. Bola hum baithne nahi aye hai, Bus tumse kuch sawal karne aye hai. Yeh sun ke rikshawala ghabraya, Socha ye kesa sankat hai aya. Babu ne pucha, ghar me kitne log hai, Sabhi maujud h yahan, yeh bhi kya kam sanyog hai. Babu ne charo taraf najar daudayi, To teen bachhe aur yeh h tumhari lugayi. Rikshewale ne sir hilakar hami bhari, Aur ek budhi ma hai jo khat par h padi. Babu ne pucha, mahine m kitna kama leta hai, Mai-baap mahine ka nahi, hamara to din bhar ka theka hai. Achha to din m kitna kama leta hai, Malik yeh to is par
A blind man in the bus stop. That was a sunny day, a Monday morning with sweet zephyr, The bus stop crowded with the white collared people, the color going well with the weather. To the corner of the stall there stood a man with stick in his hand, Eyes blindfolded as if harry potter wielding his magic wand. He waited for a while then tried crossing the road,   Taking one step front and two back as a hopping toad. I looked at him silently, as a passive onlooker, I had to reach my place and play snooker. The blind man called people and pleaded them, Help me cross the road and get over this mayhem. I thought helping him, then decided against, Remembering the morning news that gave me  a bad taste. A blind man snatching a woman's chain made into page six, What to do or not, i was in a fix. Thinking deeply into the matter I got lost, Peasants came and gone ignoring the unfortunate chap, I couldn’t blame others as i too didn’

Wo to abhi bachha hai

Jab wo chaar saal ka tha, Usne laddoo churaye. Maana wo ladakpan tha, Fir bhi use maa-baap na samjhaye. Bole wo toh man ka sachha hai, Wo to abhi bachha hai. Aath ki umar mein baap ka batua le uda, Batuye ki rakam se dosto ko film dikhayi Guthke cigarette ke liye, Chori se ki kamayi. Pata chalne par maa-baap bole, badi harkat nhi ki yeh achha hai, Sambhal jaega wo, abhi to wo bachha hai. Chaudah ki umar me, attempt to murder mein jail gya, Uska shikar hua balak, apni ek ankh se gya, Bal sudhar mein kuch waqt bita ghar pe uske kadam pade, Jang jeeti ho jese, ese maa-baap ro pade. Sambhal lo ise jab tak ghada kachha hai, Jawab mila, kya jarurat hai abhi to wo bachha hai. Aaj satrah ki umar me usne ek naari ki aabru h looti, Kaanp jae rooh esi darindagi hai failayi, Haivaniyat ke is kaand pe na baap dapta na maa chillayi, Kaanoon ke hath bandhe hai, kyuki yeh kanoon luchha h, Jo is par bhi kehta hai, use saja nhi ho sakti wo to abhi bachha h.